- Professor Emeritus, Agricultural Engineering, Clemson University, Clemson South Carolina, USA
- Born 16 September 1936 at Benton, Illinois, USA
- Married to Renee S Lambert
- Father of 3 children, 6 grandchildren, 1 greatgrandson
- BAgE, University of Florida, June 1958, Agricultural Engineering
- MSE, University of Florida, February 1962, Agricultural Engineering
- PhD, North Carolina State University, July 1964, Agricultural Engineering
- Sabbatical Study, Landbouwhogeschool, Wageningen, the Netherlands, 1970, under the late Prof C T deWit
- Professional Engineer, State of South Carolina
- General Contractor, State of South Carolina
- Clemson University, 1985-97, Coordinator of Information Systems, College of Agricultural Sciences
- Agbit, Inc., 1994-96, President
- Elsevier Publishing Co., Amsterdam, 1984-90, Editor-in-Chief, Computers and Electronics in Agriculture
- Technion, Haifa, Israel, 1981, Visiting Professor
- Clemson University, 1964-1997, Assistant Professor to Professor of Agricultural Engineering
- University of Florida, 1960, Graduate Research Assistant
- USDA-Soil Conservation Service, 1958-60, Design Engineer
- Soil-water relations of crops, since 1959
- Information technology, especially as applied to agricultural decision making
- Living life to the fullest
- Lambert, Jerry R 1984. Interfacing to the TRS-80 Computer. Reston Publishers, Reston, VA.
- Baker, D N, J R Lambert & J N Jenkins. 1975. An Analysis of the Impact of Temperature & Rainfall Changes on Growth & Yield of Delta Cotton. Ch 4, pp 147-16-3 in Impacts of Climatic Changes in the Biosphere. CIAP Monograph, Pt 2 - Climatic Effects.
- Lambert, Jerry R & Jan van Schilfgaarde. 1965. A method of determining the water potential of intact plants. Soil Science 100(1):1-9.
- King, T G & J R Lambert. 1976. Simulation of deep seepage to a water table. Trans ASAE 19(1):50-54, 60.
- Parsons, J E, C J Phene, D N Baker, J R Lambert & J M McKinion. 1979. Soil water stress and photosynthesis in cotton. Physiologica Plantarum 47(3):57.
- Bar Yosef, B, J R Lambert & D N Baker. 1982. RHIZOS: A simulation of root growth and soil processes, Sensitivity analysis and validation for cotton. Trans ASAE 25(5):1268-1270.
- Baker, D N, J R Lambert & J M McKinion. GOSSYM:A simulator of cotton crop growth and yield. Tech Bull 1089, SC Agric Exp Sta, Clemson University
- Lambert, Jerry R. 1992. Crop Simulation and Expert Systems for Decision Support in Cotton Production. Invited paper to Congress on Telematics and Informatics in Agriculture of the Mediterranean Region of the Community, Verona, IT. March.
- Lambert, Jerry R. 1988. Information Delivery in South Carolina: CUFAN (Clemson University Forestry and Agriculture Network). Proc 2nd Inter Conf on Computers in Agriculture Extension Programs, Orlando. February
- Lambert, Jerry R. 1988. From the Research Lab to the Farmer: What the Future Holds. Invited paper to LSU Symposium, Baton Rouge.
- Nance, Luke A, Jr & Jerry R Lambert. 1970. A modified inflow-outflow method of measuring infiltration in furrow irrigation. Trans ASAE 13(6):792-794, 798.